We left Little Rock in sprinkles of rain at about 6:45pm. We got home about 10:45pm. We didn’t have any difficulty on the way home other than Emma throwing up her 7:00 meal. We decided not to feed her again in the car as she seemed to be not keeping it down well with all the bumps, so she was fussy at the end because she was hungry.
Since they had managed to get Emma back to close to her baseline and they weren’t doing anything for her that I can’t do at home, we were discharged. They changed one of her dosages of diuretic and gave me an inhaler to do her albuterol breathing treatment instead of using the nebulizer. This is supposed to give her a stronger more concentrated dose in a shorter amount of time, so it should help with her breathing troubles quicker and more effectively. At least that is the plan. I will also being doing some special respitory therapy that involves “bopping” them on the chest and back with a small suction cup shaped plastic thing. Emma is still definitely sick, so pray for her. We will just keep a close eye on her and continue doing what we have been doing.
One definitive positive that came out of our trip to Little Rock despite the short stay was that I was able to get Emma’s next synergist shot without any problems. This gives me more time to get my application for financial aid sent in and back before her next shot is due. What a great answer to prayer. I guess some would say that the cost of the helicopter ride and stay does not balance out the cost of the shot, but since we would have had to pay it in cash and now we don’t, it was a big help. TEFRA should cover all of this if it goes through.
Well, thanks for your prayers. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Though He likes to upset my well-planned life sometimes, through it all God shows His amazing goodness.