Update on Cardiology appointment.

I know a lot of you were praying for us today assuming we were seeing the cardiologist.  Unfortunately the appointments didn’t happen.  I had been worried about them yesterday because Elise had a stomach bug and was throwing up.  I was afraid the boys would wake up with the same thing today and make it impossible to go to the appointments.  Thankfully they have so far been spared from getting sick.

We woke up, I planned my whole morning in order to finish school, go to Wal-Mart and eat lunch all before leaving town about 11:30 to get to Lowell in plenty of time for their appointments at 1:00.  After I had already bathed both boys to make sure they were presentable (Seth is always sticky and Will is always colored with markers) and was making arrangements to pick up my Mom who had volunteered to go with me, John answered a phone call from the clinic.  It turns out that they fly the doctor up from Little Rock for the clinic day and apparently it was storming in Little Rock and they couldn’t come.  So the whole clinic day had been cancelled.  They will try to reschedule in the next two weeks.  Needless to say, we were frustrated.  We’ve gone back and forth on these appointments and all in all have been waiting for them for about 6 months.  Of course that is more our fault (and an ill-timed ear infection) than the doctor’s.  Oh well, someday hopefully we will get the answers we need.

In other news, Will does have a speech evaluation tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.  He has been learning new words lately, but still does not put them into sentences or speak very clearly.  I am interested to see how his appointment goes because I know he says a whole lot more to us than he does to others, so I’m not sure the speech therapist will be able to get anything out of him.  If he tests at 6 months behind or more, we may be eligible for free speech therapy, so we’ll see how it goes.  He also has a hearing screen scheduled for the end of the month to check to make sure he is not having any hearing issues that may be contributing to his speech delay.  Pray Will will still be healthy for his appointment tomorrow and that he will cooperate well for the speech therapist.  Also pray for God’s working through the appointment so that if he needs therapy he can get it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s